1. What is your favourite travel movie/song/book? Any traveller – dead or alive – who
Inspired you to travel in the first place?
My favorite travel movie is Wild. I love how brave the main character is, and how a solo journey helped her put her life back together. It’s so inspirational.
2. What do you focus on while travelling to a new place – people, culture, attractions, food, adventure, or nature?
My main focus depends on where I go. When I was in Slovenia last summer, my focus was on nature, in Croatia it was the food, and in Thailand it’s the people, food and nature.
3. What is that one destination in your list that you are dying to go to and why?
New Zealand. I’m dying to go there! I’ve heard that the nature is epic and like no other. So I can’t wait to find out!
4. What was your favorite trip so far? Why was it memorable?
That would be my trip to Uyuni in Bolivia. The salt flats in the rainy season were mind-blowing and should be on the top 3 of any nature-loving traveler’s list. That’s all I can say.
5. Is there a place you’d never go to? Why?
Yes, I would never go to an unsafe place. I’m all about taking risks, but I wouldn’t go to war zones or places that are in other ways unsafe, like Afghanistan or Syria. For me, traveling is about having a good time while exploring. I don’t have to go to such extremes to get a thrill.
6. What are your upcoming travel plans?
I’m planning a trip through Central Europe, hopefully in May/June. I’m particularly excited to explore more of the eastern parts, like Hungary and Romania.
7. What has been your favorite destination? Why?
My favorite destination is and will always be Thailand. It was true love from the beginning and the more I return, the more I fall in love with the people, the culture and food.
8. What is the craziest thing you’ve done during your travels?
I was once blessed by a holy, naked man in India and met a cow with five legs. But the craziest activity! That must be boarding down an active volcano. Now, THAT was fun.
9. Any upcoming trips you’re looking forward to?
I hope to visit Myanmar in 2016, which is something I’ve been looking forward to for years!
10. Is it on your plans to settle down somewhere in the future and stop travelling as much?
Not by a long shot. When I have kids, my travel style will probably change, but traveling will remain a huge priority for me.