Once the biggest malls in the Philippines and Asia with more to do than shopping
2. Do not wear sparkling jewelries because you might be a target of theft once you go outside the mall premises.
3. Letting yourself get caught in heavy traffic is somewhat frustrating, so I suggest to take a public transportation.
SM Mall of Asia in the Philippines has more than 400, 000 sqm area that has a daily traffic of about 200,000 visitors. The mall is currently third place to be the biggest mall in the Philippines and 10th place in the world, but in 2017, it will try to regain its title as almost half of the area will be renovated.
Some of the activities found inside the mall are:
- Philippines is a tropical country, but inside this mall you’ll find an artificial ice skating platform where you can enjoy some cooler temperatures.
- An awesome place where international stars perform (i.e. Katy Perry). In this open area, the World Pyro Olympics was also held on two occasions.
A 55m Ferris wheel
- An air conditioned Ferris Wheel that can accommodates for up to 6 persons. But normally, couples ride this amazing platform to view the beauty of entire Manila. It is best to ride at night time.
- The Mall of Asia isn’t just for shopping, but also for learning science! Kids will surely love to visit this place.
The SMX Convention
- Some major events in the Philippines are held in SMX Convention, such as corporate meetings and extravagant birthday parties. The most common events held in this place are Toy Con and gaming contests.
- Want your movie in 3D? Then SM Mall of Asia brings the joy of everyone that wants to experience a different view in movies.
How to get there
From the Airport (NAIA, MIA)
1. I recommend that you take a TAXI cub, because the place is very dangerous. The city was once called the "most dangerous city in Manila area". Pick a white taxi cub and ask for a metered trip. Do not allow them to give you a "fixed price". Estimated Expenses: 100-120PHP
From the North
By Bus: 1. Hop on a Bus that displays "MOA". The travel may be a bit longer than expected due to heavy traffic, so I suggest to pick an air conditioned bus.
By Train: 1. Riding an MRT, ask for a pass going to EDSA Taft.
2. Ride a Jeepney that goes to Baclaran, or get into a bus that passes to MOA. Riding a bus is sometimes confusing because most buses will NOT pass MOA, but it is just a one-time-ride.
3. If you picked a Jeepney, ask the driver to drop you off at Heritage-Toyota.
4. Now, you can just walk it off to Mall of Asia (ETA: 5 mins).
5. Or wait for a bus that will pass through Mall of Asia.